Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Could my seizure be from xanax withdrawal? Or getting my head kicked in? I'll choose best!?

I'm eager for opinions/advice since the hospital failed to do that. I've been taking xanax on and off for a couple years, if I took it I would take one a day every now and then. For about 5 months I was getting twitchy unwanted movements really bad, my anxiety and depression intensified, i would black out at random times, I had memory loss and extrememly forgetful, and about a month ago I couldn't take it so I increased my dose, I was prescribed to take 3 a day but these odd things were happening I thought were from anxiety and I would take 4 to 5 a day. I didn't realize I was abusing the drug or thought it was harmful, I only took them to get the movements to stop and to sleep. I took 4 to 5 a day for 15 days and then stopped, the first day I was fine, the second was when everything began; I had a shock feeling ALL day, I couldn't focus, I was incoherent, my body was having more extreme movements everything was intensified, I ignored it because I didn't know what it was, I assumed it was anxiety. I started to get sleepy and went to lay down and the last thing I remember is my fiance yelling "ARE YOU OKAY WERE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL' and I had a severe grand mal seizure, I almost died. I woke up confused, I had short term amnesia, I was in the ER I feel back asleep and woke up I started remembering again and functioning better, I was coming back to normal, and they told me the seizure was from xanax withdrawl (i also take celexa but I didn't take it the day of the seizure). The second day I was in the hospital they gave me an EEG, the results were abnormal. They said the xanax could of interfered with the results, and that in 3 weeks I need another one, but I haven't taken xanax at that time it was my 3rd day without xanax, how could the xanax interfere if I stopped taking them? Reguardless, I want to stop taking medicines like that. But I don't think the seizure was from withdrawal, i've had seizure activity pretty frequently since ive been out of the hospital. 2 years ago I was badly attacked by a woman and a man, the man kicked my head into the cement several times, I am a 100 pound 18 year old girl at the time I was 16 so it did a lot of damage. Could this of caused me epilepsy?

No comments:

Post a Comment